This dish is easy, fast and best prepared the last minute just before the meal is served. Collard greens are a common vegetable in East Africa and is eaten at lead twice a day by most Kenyan families. Africans love to eat it with ugali or rice.
Groundnut Sauce with Spinach or Collard Greens
- 2 bags ( 1 pound) of frozen leafy spinach or two bunches freshly chopped collard greens
- 1 heaping teaspoon natural groundnut sauce( peanut butter)
- Salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat spinach while stirring occasionally until it starts to boil
- Add peanut butter and stir until well smoothly mixed
- Add a little salt to taste if desired.