Wali Wa Mnazi – also known as coconut rice is popular in Kenya because coconuts are commonly grown in coastal regions of East Africa, so their use is more frequent there. Enjoy the delicious recipe below:
- 4 cups Jasmine Rice or Basmati rice
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 TBSP margarine
- 2 TBSP grated coconut
- In a deep pan, bring water to boil
- Wash rice
- To boiling water add rice, coconut, margarine and salt.
- On medium high heat bring rice and water to boil then reduce heat to medium low
- Cook until all water is absorbed
- Serve hot with your choice of meat, beans plus vegetables.